Job Summary: Met-Con has an opportunity for a Lead Estimator. The position would be responsible for supporting the project team in performing the technical aspects of construction estimating and assist with project management.
- Estimate for projects, including utilizing company bid invitation software.
- Evaluate the scope of project work, review project specifications, drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings.
- As assigned develop pricing quotations/bids for customers relating to their projects that need to be designed and/or plans formulated. (i.e. negotiated type work and smaller projects).
- Project Management Support
- Assist in the coordination of administrative elements of projects and work with the General Superintendent and Job Superintendent to understand the project schedules.
- Assists supplier and sub contractor bid scope reviews and contract award.
- Assists with weekly work with the Job Superintendent to provide accurate information for the Project so that the weekly % complete and costing report can be completed.
- Assist in the creation of project schedules so they can be developed, maintained, and published.
- Attend your assigned projects startup, midpoint, and close-out meetings.
- Assist Project Managers with all phases of construction from contact award, project submittals, maintaining current project documentation thru project closeouts. Utilize Procore Project Management Software.
Position Report to: V.P. of Construction Operations
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Health Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
Salary: $80,000+ (Depending on experience)
Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or related degree.
3+ years’ experience working on commercial construction projects.
Seeking a self-motivated individual with a drive to learn and grow within the company.
is an equal opportunity employer.